Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Favorite Christmas Memory

Long after the tree is taken down, after the food is eaten, gifts are opened and put away, after the last Christmas Carol is sung and the last TV special is viewed, what I will remember the most from this Christmas is the togetherness of my family.

I will remember the twinkle in my father's eye, the smile on my mother's face, the laughter from my daughter's lips. Being together on Christmas Day is very rare for us. My mother works as a nurse, and she usually has to work on Christmas Day. In fact, she can't remember the last time when she didn't have to work this day. I can remember many a Christmas without Mom. But this year, her day off fell on Christmas Day, and she was able to be home with her family.

Also, my brothers no longer live at home, and we see them very rarely, so it was extra special to have them both at home and to have everyone all together on Christmas Day.

It was just such a wonderful day, full of love and warmth of family, what a wonderful way to celebrate the
Birthday of Jesus! As I grow older, I realize more now then ever the importance of family, of being there for each other and caring for one other. Of working together as a team. Of showing your love to those who love you.

I am truly blessed to be with them, and I am truly blessed to share my family with my daughter. My hope and prayer for her is to always know and feel love, not just on Christmas, but on every day.

I could not think of a better memory of Christmas then just that of sharing the day with those I love and keep close to my heart.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This will surely be a wonderful memory for you in the years to come.

3:41 p.m.  
Blogger Glynis said...

Beautifully said!

5:34 p.m.  
Blogger Denise said...

That was wonderful that your mom had Christmas off. Beautiful sentiments.

7:08 p.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

Sounds like you had an excellent Christmas! I'm so happy for you! :)

10:14 p.m.  
Blogger carin.c said...

What an awesome day for you and your family!

8:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits : Blog Banner template by Jennilyn Designs Kit is Falling For You by Elemental Scraps Element Team