Friday, December 22, 2006

I am a Lily . . . and some challenge LOs.

You Are A Lily

You are a nurturer and all around natural therapist.
People see you as their rock. And they are able to depend on you.
You are a soothing influence. You can make people feel better with a few words.
Your caring has more of an impact than even you realize.


I like to take these tests from time to time, just for fun! But I really like what this one said about me, because they are qualities I try to strive for.


It's hard to believe how close we are to Christmas now. My brother Roger is home and my brother Richard will be coming home tomorrow. Lydia isn't too sure what all the excitement is about, but she is sure getting into the spirit! Today at supper, she serenaded the family with rousing renditions of Rudolph and Frosty! She's such a cutie, and put so much energy into her singing, including the clapping for herself at the end!

I wanted to share some of the scrap pages I did for challenges on Elemental Scraps back in November. The kit that we received for completing the challenges was beautiful! Here is what the kit looks like:The kit is called Falling For You and I absolutely LOVE IT! It was designed by the talented ladies who make up the Elemental Scraps Creative Element Team! They did such a wonderful job, I love the colours, the papers, the elements, everything!

So, here are the scrap pages I did to get this wonderful kit!

This LO was for the Journalling Challenge, called Write On!!! This rounds challenge is to make a list. Some examples:
likes & dislikes
favorite attributes of a loved one
things you collect
activities in your day
your typical grocery list (hey how else will future generations know)

Really it is anything you can think of that you can "list"

Kit is Alma's Ginger Spice Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs @ SBE.
This page was done for the Add Inspiration Challenge. The add was titled Remember When, which is where I took my inspiration from, as this is the first line in my journalling about Lydia's first sleigh ride last year.

Kit is Alma and Misty's Winter Bliss Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs and Misty Cato @ SBE

This was done for the Lyric Challenge. The song choice was The Reason by Hoobastank. The line where I found my inspiration was :
I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you
I just adapted it a little to make it fit!
Kit is Alma's Darling Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs @ SBE

The template challenge was the calander page that I uploaded into my previous post!

This page counted for two different challenges. I did this page for the font challenge and for the scraplift challenge. The font that we had to use was calld Patterns & Dots which I used in my title. The scraplift was of Colin in der Kiste by Summer. The kit is a retired kit by Amanda Rockwell, called Emily.

This page was done for my quote challenge that I run! The quote reads:
I haven't seen you in a while
yet I often imagine
all your expressions.

I haven't spoken to you recently
but many times
I hear your thoughts.

Good friends must not always be together.
It is the feeling of oneness when distant
that proves a lasting friendship.

- Susan Polis Schutz

The LO is me and my best friend Janice in University. The kit is Alma's Friends Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs @ SBE

I did this LO for the Try This!! Freestyle Challenge. This LO is more of an artistic statement, my attempt was to convey that in order to really get to know a person, you have to look past their outward apperance, and really get to know them from the inside, which is why I placed a newspaper heart over the face in the photo.

Journalling reads:
Who is this person? What is their identity? What is their role?
The worth of a person cannot be judged by outward appearance, rather, it is a matter of the heart.

I used Fabulousy Funky Papers and Elements by Poppy Andrews.

Newspaper heart is from Newspaper Art by Faith True

Frame is from Old Photo Edges by Faith True.

Everything is available from Elemental Scraps.
I did this LO for the colour challenge.
I used the poem Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe in this LO.

Journalling reads:

t was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of ANNABEL LEE;--
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.

She was a child and I was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea,
But we loved with a love that was more than love--
I and my Annabel Lee--
With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud by night
Chilling my Annabel Lee;
So that her high-born kinsman came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulchre
In this kingdom by the sea.

Kit is Franklin by Victoria Feemster

Finally, the last challenge! This was the No Smiley Faces challenge, and we had to scrap something that we were thankful for. I am thankful for church.
Kit is Be Still by Gretchen Tripp.

Well, those are a lot of challenges! But they are fun to participate in!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Great scraps Paula! Looks like you had fun doing those challenges! :) And aww I can't wait to see Lydia! She's such a cutie!

9:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits : Blog Banner template by Jennilyn Designs Kit is Falling For You by Elemental Scraps Element Team