Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Meeting My Goals

You Are 76% Peaceful

You are a very peaceful person. All is good in your world, no matter what's going on.
Occasionally you let your problems get to you, but you generally remain upbeat.
Your inner strength is inspirational - much more so than you may realize.
I have to say that I am really enjoying these blog prompts from DSP.

Most major goals are achieved through small victories. What little things can you do to meet your goals?

I know that I have quite a list of goals, but they are all manageable.

For my Spiritual Goals, just setting aside a certain time each day when I say "OK, now I need to sit down and quiet myself and turn to God". I know that I need to give Him priority, so I've already set aside time in the evening, after my daughter is asleep, and the house is quiet, when I will spend time with just Him.

I've already started reading the book of Romans, and also, I've started reading The Ragamuffin Gospel which is an excellent book. So, I am slowly on my way!

For the rest of my goals, I have to decide what is important and remind myself of why I have decided to work towards them. For my family goals, I know that they will make my life better and easier here at home.

For my social goals, I plan on emailing my friends at least twice a month, even if its just group emails, to keep in contact with them.

For my professional goals, I know that again, its just a matter of setting aside time each day to work on my resume. Sometimes it gets overwhelming if you try to do too much all at once, but a little bit each day will help you greatly.

Finally, for my personal goals, again, its just a matter of setting aside time to do these things.

When I was in University, I used to write myself out a schedule. I would have a daily schedule, and then a weekly schedule. If I can plan it out on paper, it makes it a lot easier to follow. I know that I need to have more organization in my life, that's key.

And just remember, to do a little bit each day, and eventually it will get done!

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

You are right, sounds to me like your doing great already and it is only Jan.2nd!!!!

9:52 a.m.  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

Great sounding goals. I will have to check out that Ragamuffin Gospel. It sounds interesting.

7:46 p.m.  
Blogger Ann said...

Sounds like you are off to a good start... right thinking! I am going to look for that book too.

12:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits : Blog Banner template by Jennilyn Designs Kit is Falling For You by Elemental Scraps Element Team