Thursday, January 04, 2007

You Are 28% Nerdy

You're a little nerdy, but no one would ever call you a nerd.
You sometimes get into nerdy things, but only after they've become a part of mainstream culture.


Hmmmm, only 28 %? LOL! OK, here is today's blog prompt from DSP:

What do you sense you're supposed to do before your life is over?

Before my life is over, I sense that I am supposed to return to Korea.
I loved my life in Korea, I loved the people, the culture. I loved the fact that I was living in a foreign land, learning a new language, a new way of being and living. Even though I knew I had to return home, I miss it terribly. I often have dreams about the city I lived in, and in my dreams I am walking down familiar streets and it feels so real, it was as if I had never left. Other times, I dream that myself and my daughter are living in Korea, and I take her on the buses with me, and we go to bath houses and shopping and eating out.... I don't know why, but I have a strong urge to return. I do hope that someday, perhaps when Lydia is older and in school, that I can return, find a teaching position, and share with my daughter the rich culture that I grew to love over there.

Sometimes I wonder if its not so much Korea that I miss, as it is the life that I used to lead. It was a wonderful time in my life, and I doubt very much it would be the same, because time changes things, people change, many of the people I knew there are gone now and moved on.

Yet, I still have not given up hope that I will return there someday. I feel as though my life in Korea is not yet complete, and that there is still more for me to do over there.

4 Comments:

Blogger carin.c said...

Very interesting. Perhaps you will be going back one day.

10:58 p.m.  
Blogger Glynis said...

Beautiful post. I hope you do have a chance to go back...I especially like what you said about it not being so much the place, but the place in your life when you were there. Oh, and I don't think this is silly at all :)

12:39 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely photo. sounds like such a great place. i hope you get to go back.

5:24 a.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

I miss Korea a lot too. I do hope that you get to go back one day. And it would be so cool if we could be there at the same time! Who knows?! :)

10:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits : Blog Banner template by Jennilyn Designs Kit is Falling For You by Elemental Scraps Element Team