Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Favorite Childhood Friend

Your Personality Is

Idealist (NF)


You are a passionate, caring, and unique person.
You are good at expressing yourself and sharing your ideals.

You are the most compassionate of all types and connect with others easily.
Your heart tends to rule you. You can't make decisions without considering feelings.

You seek out other empathetic people to befriend.
Truth and authenticity matters in your friendships.

In love, you give everything you have to relationships. You fall in love easily.

At work, you crave personal expression and meaning in your career.

With others, you communicate well. You can spend all night talking with someone.

As far as your looks go, you've likely taken the time to develop your own personal style.

On weekends, you like to be with others. Charity work is also a favorite pastime of yours.


I think that's actually not a bad assessment of my personality.

Today's DSP blog prompt:

Describe a favorite childhood friend and something you did with her or him.

When I was in Grade 5, I lived in Goose Bay, Labrador and I had two best friends, Heather and Danielle. We used to have sleepovers at each others houses, and we were always together at school. We had a lot of fun together. I remember that we started a Book Club in our class at school. We brought in all our books from home and traded them with each other and we kept them all together on a shelf at the back of the classroom. We loved reading and we had the same taste in books. This was back in 1989, when The Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley Twins and Sleepover Friends were all the rage with the elementary schoolgirls. I still have many of my books, packed away, that I've saved all these years.

Another memory that I have is the three of us performing together in what we called the 5th Grade Follies. We got together and on our own came up with various comical skits, practiced them with costumes and props, and performed them in front of the class! Oh my goodness, what fun that was! I moved away after grade 5, but I will never forget the memories of my friends.

OK, I was tagged a while ago by my friend Amy, but I just haven't responded, but I will now!

Here are the rules: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether or not they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

1. 'Forever and Ever" sung by Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin
2. "Keep Christmas With You" sung by the Sesame Street Characters in A Sesame Street Christmas Carol.
3. "Keep the Candle Burning" by Point of Grace
4. "Mama Mia" by Abba
5. "The River" by Billy Joel
6. "Angel" by Sarah McLaughlan
7. "Rhapsody in Blue" by Gershwin

Yes, I know! That's a strange list! LOL! That's why I've been avoiding doing this tag!

OK, my seven people are: Melanie Cox, Marie, Jo , Petra AKA Milo , Cindy, Amy Gagne, and Jennifer

I have two LOs that I want to share today, that are very different from what I usually do. I've been spending some time at DSP and looking over their challenges, and two challenges that I decided to try was their Art Journal Challenge and their Freestyle Fandango Challenge.
For the Art Journal Challenge, we were to use a newspaper and create a layout that really depicted the mood of what we were doing. This is the front page of the newspaper for January 3rd, 2007. Journaling reads:
it's hard to read stories like this in the newspaper and wonder what the world is coming to.
such a tragical incident should never have taken place stories like this make me want to hold onto my daughter for dear life and pray that she will never know sorrow such as this.
Credits: Antiquing Pack Paper and Overlays by Lauren Bavin, grunge word paint brushes by Denise Docherty, Tape element from Cinnamon Swirls by Faith True, Stitching by Christine Nash, Cardboard element by Rina.
I did this challenge for the freestyle fandango challenge at DSP. This was so much fun to do! I made a brush with my main photo and I really like the effect. Credits: Basic Whites by Susan C. Walker, Magnetic Word Poetry Grunge Style by Amanda Rockwell, Brushstroke doodles from Scrapper's Toolbox by Misty Cato, Paperclip, chain and envelope tie from Scrapper's Toolbox by Marge Wirth, Purple paintstroke from Scrapper's Toolbox by Terry Maruca, Torn notepaper, straightpin and stitched corner from Scrapper's Toolbox by Rina, Brads by from Scrapper's Toolbox by Dana Fran.

I was very pleased with both of these challenges, because this is a style that I don't normally scrap, so it was good to get out of my safe little scrapping box and really stretch myself to try something completely different!

6 Comments:

Blogger Across the Miles Photography said...

Your pages look great! Love the reminiscing...takes me back to the good ole' baby sitter's club days!!

3:04 p.m.  
Blogger Melanie said...

LOVE those LOs! They are great! And your story about your friend is great. It's nice to think about people like this! :)

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

I love to hear stories about young kids being encouraged to read. As a teacher, that warms my heart!

3:41 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Those LOs are fantastic! I wasn't into Sweet Valley but I sure remember those books! LOL

8:30 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Something I need to do is stretch my sb style. Yours are great.

9:58 p.m.  
Blogger Margie said...

Love your LO's! It's neat to see something a bit different!

4:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits : Blog Banner template by Jennilyn Designs Kit is Falling For You by Elemental Scraps Element Team