Friday, January 12, 2007

You Are A Good Friend

You're always willing to listen
Or lend a shoulder to cry on
You're there through thick and thin
Many people consider you their "best friend"!


I love my friends and I hope they know that I would do anything for them!

Today's blog prompt from DSP

If you could freeze time for less than an hour, and you’d be the only living thing that’s “alive” in that moment: What would you do? Why you wouldn’t be able to do it if everything were normal and the time weren’t frozen?

This is a really good question! If I could freeze time for less then an hour, I would go out into my neighborhood and sing and dance through the streets. I would run and jump and skip about and act totally undignified, and remember what it was like, if only for a moment, what it was like to be a child. I would climb trees and shout out loud and just let my spirit be free. I would take off my shoes and run barefoot through the grass and I would roll around in the leaves and the dirt, and then splash in every puddle I saw. I would just have the freedom to let my spirit soar.

I know that as a 27 year old woman, it's not likely that I could do these things in public without making a fool out of myself. I'd feel too self-concious, too afraid of what people would say when they saw me. But if I could stop time, and be assured that no one would see me, I'd do it without a second thought! Oh, feel as free as a child once again!

Now for the scraps!

Journalling reads: A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.
Winnie the Pooh, Pooh's Little Instruction Book

Kit is Alma's Perfectly You Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs @ SBE

I love this picture of Lydia with her teddy bear! Quote reads: The nicest dreams that will ever be are the dreams shared by my teddy and me.
Kit is Alma's Sunset Roses Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs @SBE.


This is one of my favorite photos of my daughter when she was only 4 months old!
Kit is Alma and Misty's Gratitude Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs and Misty Cato available at SBE.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

You are an awesome friend Paula! I think that is SO true! :D Awesome response to the prompt! That's something I've thought of doing myself if no one was looking! lol! :)

11:51 p.m.  
Blogger Toni said...

Don't you wish you could sometimes be free to play and mess around anyway without being judged or concerned that you would be - we need to laugh and have fun more. Great response to the prompt!

12:17 a.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Soundswonderfully liberating Paula.

3:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits : Blog Banner template by Jennilyn Designs Kit is Falling For You by Elemental Scraps Element Team