Friday, January 19, 2007

Yay, its Friday!!!

You Are Quite Worldly

You've done a good bit of worldly exploring, and you have an international perspective.
And you're definitely looking forward to your future adventures abroad.
You've got the passport, the desire to travel, and maybe even the language skills.
Now all you need are the means!


I miss traveling. I enjoyed traveling while I lived in Korea, I had the chance to visit Japan and the Philippines while I was there, as I had friends in both of those countries. Someday, I hope to travel again.

Here is the blog prompt from DSP for today:

Take the most boring job you've ever had and write a glowing job description for it.

Now you can work in the wonderful and exciting field of dish washing! Yes, that's right, you can make your dreams come true by becoming a dishwasher. This fabulous opportunity lets you explore the world of not only dirty dishes, but clean dishes as well. Plus, you will always be in style in the beautiful ensemble of disposable white plastic aprons and hairnets. In this position, you will train on the job for skills such as loading a huge dishwasher such as they use in University cafeterias, the proper method for scrubbing out those hard to clean stuck on burnt food bits at the bottom of pots and pans, and how to effectively stack and put away clean dishes. This job also entails outings to the garbage bins located outside the building, where you will enjoy taking out the garbage in all different types of weather, snow, rain, sleet, yes my friends, you'll see it all. And as a bonus, you will get to reheat a plate of whatever leftover food you can find at the end of your shift.

I used to work in the meal hall at my University, washing dishes. :)

Now, for some scraps!



I did this page for a friend of mine. Kit is Alma's For The Boys Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs @ SBE.



This is my daughter Lydia and myself on Christmas Day. Kit is Alma's Warm Memories Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs @ SBE.



This picture was taken on my Birthday. Kit is Alma's Friends Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs @ SBE.




Quote reads: Daughter are angles sent from above to fill our heart with unending love.
J. Lee. I used Alma's Love Letters Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs @ SBE.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lena Brandenburg said...

Beautiful pages, Paula! I miss traveling, too...having a father and ex-husband in the military. But, Ohio is nice too :) Have a great weekend!

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger Petra said...

Lovely pages Paula!! Aren´t alma´s designs just pretty!! I still need to work with friends..wich I was planning on doing right after leaving some blog love...

Have a great day!!
((hugs))

3:36 p.m.  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i'd like to apply for the job--nothing i love better than dealing with stuck-on food! :)

great layouts!

4:12 p.m.  
Blogger Katie Nelson said...

cute pages and I love the little quizzes also - I will have to do those :)

4:32 p.m.  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL! love the job posting...makes me want to NOT work there! too much like home...great pages also!

5:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Love your description of a dishwasher

5:57 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol love the job description!! awesome lo's too!!

6:13 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Got such a great chuckle out of your job description. Lovely pages.

10:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits : Blog Banner template by Jennilyn Designs Kit is Falling For You by Elemental Scraps Element Team