Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fun with Challenges!

Your World View

You are a fairly broadminded romantic and reasonably content.
You value kindness and try to live by your ideals.
You have strong need for security, which may be either emotional or material.

You respect truth and are flexible.
You like people, and they can readily make friends with you.
You are not very adventurous, but this does not bother you.


That was a fun quiz!

This week is March Break so I am off from school! LOL, which means I am not working this week. But I am enjoying myself, spending time with my daughter.

Also, this week my friend Amy came down to visit me. She came over Monday and we had roast turkey with all the trimmings for supper, it was really good! Then we watched Take The Lead later on TV. It was a really good movie, I enjoyed it a lot. Meanwhile we also chatted A LOT!!!! I can be pretty chatty and probably talked Amy's ear off while she was here.

Tuesday morning we took a trip to Frenchy's which is a used clothing chain here in the Maritimes, and I picked up quite a few things for Lydia and a couple of shirts for myself. Then we went across the street to Francios Used Clothing, and I found quite a few more things for Lydia and a nice sweater for myself (well, Amy found the sweater for me).

All in all, it was a really nice visit!

Now for some scraps! We have some great challenges at ES this round, and I tried to do as many of them as I could!

This LO I did for the Designer Challenge, and this month our Designer is Sherri Tierney. For this LO I used Sherri Tierney's Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows Kit, Little Charmer's Rainbow Alpha Set and Love Day Doodles #2.

I did this scrap for the Write On!!! Challenge at ES. When I took my BEd, I went to Atlantic Baptist University and I made some very good friends while I was there. This photo was taken at our Christmas Banquet in 2002, I am in the very center of the picture, in the light purple dress.

The lyrics that I chose come from Friends by Michael W. Smith, which was sung at our graduation, and every time I hear that song, I think back on my days as a student and the friends I made.

Journaling reads:

And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.

Kit is Twilight in Provence by Krista Ringham.

This LO I did for the font challenge. Journaling reads:

This afternoon when Mommy told Lydia that they were going to play outdoors, Lydia said "Let's make a Snowman" so that is exactly what they did. They put on two cooked pieces of carrots for eyes, a long carrot for his nose. Together, Lydia and Mommy had a wonderful day. It was . . . . Snow Much Fun

March 3, 2007. Kit is Wonderland by Bella Gypsy.

This LO I did for the Lyric Challenge. It was made with a huge variety of things! Basic Grunge by Melissa Bennett Designs, Dotty Paper Pack by Melissa Bennett Designs, Clipped Flowers Bundle by Bella Gypsy, Knotted Ribbons by Bella Gypsy, Of This 'n That ribbon by Claudia Campbell, Cardboard Confections by Sue Jones, Button Beauties by Sue Jones, Old Photo Edges by Faith True and Torn Paper Template by Xquisite Designs.

This is the LO I did for the quote challenge. This was taken on Lydia's Second Birthday~
Journaling reads: Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries -- Author:Corita Kent. Kit is Alma's Spring Burst Page Set by Alma's ScrapHabit Designs @ SBE.

This LO was done for the Gotta Have Faith Challenge at ES!

Journaling reads: I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

Kit is Embrace His Power by Amanda Roberts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

holy moly! tell me you didn't create all those layouts in one day!

9:59 p.m.  
Blogger Miriam's Blog said...

Great LO's and journaling on these! Nice to have found your blog! I will be back!!!

10:27 p.m.  
Blogger mighty morphing mom said...

Wow! Awesome scrapping! Thanks for posting your link, at cdsu- love finding great blogs.

12:24 a.m.  
Blogger bloggerme said...

OH Gosh, the song "Friends" you quoted in your journaling kills me everytime!! What a fabulous song and your layout is wonderful!!!

3:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really are the scrapping queen lately! I am envious of your creativity! Beautiful work !!

5:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits : Blog Banner template by Jennilyn Designs Kit is Falling For You by Elemental Scraps Element Team