Saturday, January 27, 2007

Skating!!! And a new LO!

You Are Figure Skating

Graceful and expressive - yet athletic and focused.
You could bring the best of both worlds to this glamorous sport.
Speaking of skating, this past Thursday I took Lydia out skating for the very first time. My Dad made an ice rink in the back yard, just a little one to practice on. When we were little, my Dad used to always make a rink in our back yard. I remember going outside after dark and skating underneath of the stars. It was always just a part of what we did during the winter season. So, I wanted my daughter to enjoy the same experience that I had growing up. Her first time on skates, Lydia was a little unsteady and I didn't dare to let her go at all. We went around the little rink a few times, and we also had a yellow mini plastic chair outside that I set her on and pushed her around the ice. I was worried that she might be scared, being on the ice for the very first time wearing skates, but she wasn't scared at all. I had fun that day, and I think that she did
too. And by the time we were finished out there, I found that I didn't have to hold her up as much as I had to at the very beginning! If she is already starting to skate and she's not even 2 years old yet, imagine how good she'd be when she's 12! That's assuming that she'll stick with it of course! However, I predict many more days this winter of skating outside in the fresh air, enjoying the sunshine and learning how to stay upright! :)

Also, Friday night, I hosted my very first crop! I have a group on my facebook, called Digiscrapper's Have Fun!!! It's a small group, and it was an even smaller crop, but we had fun! I actually made a paper pack for the group! I've never designed anything before. Anyway, here's what the preview looks like:It's very simple looking, I use PSP 9, and I was just playing around with different effects. I had fun, and maybe I'll try designing again! :)

The theme of the crop was to create a LO using a colour extraction technique on the photo, so here is what I came up with.
This is a new kit up at Elemental Scraps, The Key to My Heart by Jannylynn Brokken.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Awesome Paula! Looks like you both had a lot of fun! :) Beautiful scra as well!

10:20 p.m.  
Blogger Toni said...

You have been busy and had a heap of fun. Where I am from ice skating (other than at an indoor rink) is not an option at any time of year, that looks so much fun and for such a little girl too she did so well.

11:50 p.m.  
Blogger Nita said...

Such a pretty layout. Thanks for sharing it!

4:09 a.m.  
Blogger Petra said...

How fun skating in your own back yard..I want that too:) Love the page here and how fun to host this challenge!!
papers looks great!!

Have a great weekend

8:15 a.m.  
Blogger Glynis said...

Paula, your paper pack is beautiful! And what wonderful memories you are creating for Lydia just like your dad did for you...what fun!

9:37 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

She looks like she is having a blast. It's great that she is starting so young; before the fear factor starts setting in. Lovely papers you designed.

11:24 a.m.  
Blogger Michelle said...

how fun for your daughter! some of my best memories are learning to skate with my dad...and now you are giving those same joys to your daughter! way to go, mom!

3:58 p.m.  
Blogger loonyhiker said...

I bet skating was fun. It is neat that you can set one up in your own yard. It is much too warm here for an outside ice skating rink!

10:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits : Blog Banner template by Jennilyn Designs Kit is Falling For You by Elemental Scraps Element Team