Saturday, June 24, 2006

Scraps for Friends

I love doing scraps for friends of mine! Here are a few that I have done!


This is probably the first scrap that I did for someone else. It's for a friend of mine on W2W. The poem is very beautiful, it reads:

WHY MY HEART CRIED She came into this world as beautiful as an angel, but wait, she was silent, something was wrong. My Heart Cried. I didn't get to see her; they swept her right away. My Heart Cried. Two hours later, I saw a tiny little girl, all hooked up to machines and tubes, lain bare on a table for all to observe. All I wanted was to hold and nurse her. My Heart Cried. Four hours later the Doctor told me her chances, they were slim, a mere ten percent. My Heart Cried. She got through her first weeks, then months, and now, going on her fourth year. They have been hard, many trials and hospitalizations, and with everyone of them, My Heart Cried. Today, as I watch her play, she is happy in her world. She has very few words to tell us what she needs and wants, but we know. She has been a toddler for two years now, not knowing what awaits her in the world. For these things, My Heart Cried. I used to look at her and think why her, why me. Why can't she be more like the other children? For these thoughts, My Heart Cried. Today, I looked at her, playing and communicating in her way, but today was different. My heart cried with a smile. I am grateful she was given to me, and grateful to be chosen as her mom. God trusted me with a very special package. For that my Heart Cries. It cries tears of Gratitude and of Joy. Her name is Abigail; it means a Father's Joy. For us she is so much more. Our Heavenly Father gave us some of his Joy, for that, My Heart Rejoices with tears of happiness.

This poem actually won a Creative Writing Contest that I was hosting on W2W! The kit is Sweetheart by Lauren Grier.


This is another early scrap! I did this one for my brother Roger and his girlfriend. Don't they look nice together? The kit is Pretty in Purple by Mel Violette and the font is Enchanted Prairie Dog. LOL, kinda cute, isn't it?

This one was my very first scraplift! I scraplifted Melanie's awsome LO My Friends. The kit again is Sweetheart! I love that kit! The cute couple are my friend Amy and her boyfriend Chris. Aren't they sweet?
This is another scrap I did for Amy. This kit is Your Love is Better then Chocolate by AMS DS and I fiddled around with some filter effects on the photo. The font is called Inkspots.

I did this LO for my friend Kory, this picture was taken while we were still in Korea. The kit is the welcome kit for Digital Scrapbook Place. The font is Japanese Brush.
This LO I did for my friend Tracy from W2W, on the birth of her new daughter. I used All About Baby Purple by Lauren Grier. This was fun to work on!

This one I am rather proud of! I did it as an inspiration challenge for my brother Richard! I love the word brush from SpaceRaven that I used, and also the stock photo of the writing I also used from her site!
This is one I did for my friend Mich from W2W. Her daughter is just so cute! I love the fun photos! I used Sweet Pea by Lauren Grier and tried to make the LO look like a book. I think it looks pretty neat!

This is so sweet, I made this for Jennifer (Jenniflower) on W2W. The kit is Ribbit Kisses and it just fit so well with these photos! The kit is by Lauren Grier, Amanda Rockwell and Rebecca Gold.

I think this LO is really cute! I did this for my Creative Team, the kit is Splash by Alma Townsend and this is my friend Mich's little girl. I also did this LO for a font challenge on Elemental Scraps.

Lastly, I did this LO for my friend Jaker on W2W. I also completed this for a sketch challenge on ES. The kit is Kit is Rambling Rose by Lauren Bavin and the Word Art is (c) 2005 Dani Mogstad at www.digiscrappin.biz

I hope you enjoyed all these LOs!







1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I love them all Paula! Especially the ones you made for me! LOL! You're wonderful and so generous to make all these beautiful scraps for other people! You are definitely a sweetie! Never change! :)

12:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits : Blog Banner template by Jennilyn Designs Kit is Falling For You by Elemental Scraps Element Team